27 November 2010

A Rare Treat

Today's view of An Rinn from Lookout Park                                            photo by Kathleen Keegan

He spreads the snow like wool
   and scatters the frost like ashes.
Psalm 147:16 

I awoke today to a flurry filled sight, a rarity for us on this southeast coast of Ireland.  It was so beautiful, and even though it was a small amount, I was breathless for a moment.

The first thing I saw this morning, snowy rooftops.
 After taking this picture barefooted on my balcony, I was really breathless - from the cold!  While it may not compare to such extremes elsewhere, this is dramatic here and when you mix freezing temps with the wind blowing in off the sea it is FIERCE!

I immediately texted my friend Katie to see if she wanted to step out an enjoy the beauty.  We stood at the harbour on which my small town sits, took a few snaps and went for a Saturday lunch out.  We talked about things God is doing in our lives.  Then we went for a short drive to the hills and we took more pictures.  We finished our adventure back in town with mugs of hot chocolate, with plenty of marshmallows of course.

On the hill with my town and the sea behind me.
I have spoken a bit about God's provision and faithfulness in recent posts and it is a motif often repeated in the Bible as well.  God is ever showing us His nature in the nature around us, in the relationships we have formed and especially through His Word.  He is the Creator, the Redeemer, and the Mighty One.  Psalm 147 gives a whole list of things that express the greatness of God.  Let us begin this new week the way David began this Psalm.  Let us praise Him!

Praise the LORD.
   How good it is to sing praises to our God,
   how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
 Psalm 147:1

This post is linked with the lovely folk at 

13 comments:

  1. Hi! I love snow. I'm from Canada so we get lots of it but when it comes it comes in with a bang it seems. We had our first blizzard not too long ago but when it's all settled , it's beautiful . The weather has been quite nice ever since and I do thank and praise God for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snow also...but not the biting cold.. Everything looks so pretty when it snows. You are going into winter and we into summer...Its a wonderful world. God Bless you.
    Crystal Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dunlizzie,

    I grew up in Chicago and at this time of the year, more often than not, there would be a biting wind blowing down from Canada. As a kid, my brothers and I always found reasons to play in the snow. Today, I live in a warmer climate that does not remind me of winters in Chicago.

    I enjoyed the pictures you shared from today. I too believe God reveals Himself in nature; regardless of the climate. I find a joy in this realization. Yes! I will praise Him.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just met our new neighbour..She moved from Ireland and we're becoming good friends. I love your photos and your words...touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pictures.. beautiful post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful. God creation is just so breath taking.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was lovely. Your words and photos were really inspiring. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though we usually get some snow during the winter, I still consider it one of His gifts. Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, and I am so glad you got to enjoy this first snowfall of the season. I love the scripture you shared too.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I love that you shared your fun girl-day with us! Good fellowship is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that last picture best. It speaks of freedom and joy. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I review for BookSneeze