09 November 2010

A Good Day

These days I find myself exhausted constantly because of some health problems with which I have been dealing.  So when my morning meeting was canceled and I knew that the day would go at a slower pace, I'll admit I was a little relieved.   I was able to get a good amount done before heading to Harbour Mill House for our Tea and Coffee Drop-in.  I caught this bit of sky on my way there.


Here is another view from the quay on which Harbour Mill House sits.
It's beautiful isn't it!  Of course only in Ireland can you have this sunny day with only a few clouds, and still be rained on while standing in a freezing wind!  After running a few errands, I returned home to my kitchen filled with the tempting smells of the morning's labours.  

I had sweated some onions, carrots, celery and a parsnip in a bit of olive oil with salt and garlic.


  I always make sure to use the leafy bits of celery as well as they seem to add a lot of flavor and also look pretty floating in broth.  Of course I had to use some fresh sage from my summer container garden.

Then came the remains of the roasted chicken I had made for company on Sunday.  Irish chickens are amazing, so juicy and full of flavor.   It doesn't look so amazing with most of it gone, but any soup lover knows the potential of such a thing.
Topped off with water and some seasoning and it remained simmering until I left.  Now at home I sit in silence.  It was a calm day, but productive and not rushed.  I am tired, but not broken.  I am thankful.  I am breathing.

I am happy to be in this moment...

in my warm home with this bowl of soup

under this evening sky.

This moment is linked with others at

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

2 comments:

  1. That soup? Looks amazing. There's nothing like a bowl full of home under that beautiful evening sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dunlizzie,

    The temperature here is 3 degrees (C), so right about now your soup looks so very appetizing. Thanks for describing every ingredient.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I review for BookSneeze