![]() |
| Click the picture for a larger version, then click "back" in your browser to return to post. |
The waves crashed against the thick grasses that grew at the base of the castle edge. I was in Co. Sligo, a five hour drive north from my home on the southern coast. The weekend getaway was meant to be a retreat for folk from all over Ireland, but I was struggling. My prior weeks had been riddled with emotional and spiritual battles, as well as major physical issues. The weekend should have been a respite, but just a few hours into the journey the clutch stopped working and the problems didn't stop. The weekend became a very tangible expression of the need to be fully dependent on God alone.
The location was lovely, the people even lovelier and all the activities were well planned. I was however disconnected from that. I was suffering from a kind of trauma and I was not doing a good job of hiding it. I was thankful for the space people gave me, even if sometimes it was out of awkwardness rather than understanding. With the weekend as a culminating point for all I had been facing, the weeks following the event were marked with fragility. Yet God, being faithful as He is, brought beautiful healing.
The retreat was in August, but I hadn't opened up the pictures I took until this week. It was nice to see some pics of friends, reminding me of good conversations and even humorous instances. Most images were moments of silence though, those seconds of stillness in the nature God created. God speaks to me in nature, and when I saw the pic above, taken from the safe battlements of Parke's Castle, He spoke to me of His mercy, hope and healing. He is such a good God.
For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.
You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.
You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32:6-7
This post is linked with the lovely folk from




I know how hard it is to be amongst a group, and yet struggling with internal issues etc. I usually just want to be alone, so good on you for pushing through.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love nature too. I see more and more of God in the things He has created. Creation speaks silently, yet powerfully if we just stop and listen.
God bless you and happy WFW! Glad you joined in.
I know too how difficult it is too.. but God helps us through each day. blessings my friend.
ReplyDeleteHe IS such a good GOD! What a blessing it is that even in your struggles you were able to recognize the LORD reaching out to you ! I know so many times we tend to get swallowed up in the trial or circumstance and NOT SEE God's hand reaching out to say "I Love you and am HERE for you, Walk w/ME and together WE will make it to the other side!"
ReplyDeleteBless you my friend and thankyou for your prayers! SO thankful for this Divine connection!
p.s. Sooo excited to see you follower list growing ALREADY :) WOOHOO GO GOD GO!!! HE is bringing them :)!!!!
This is beautiful! I certainly agree that it's easiest to find God in nature. I'm so glad you sought Him during your times of trouble and that He was faithful to bring you healing!
ReplyDeleteVery happy to have you linking up with us at Scripture & a Snapshot this week! :)
Praise God for His is our Hiding Place! In Him, we find the comfort and deliverance we need.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite place to experience the Lord is in His creation as well. He amazes me with His artistry.
Thank you for visiting.
Blessings,
Janis
He is so faithful, another scene to show His mercies are new every morning...I praise God for you and lift you up to him. His favor shines upon you...How I love you and how I love Him!! Praying for you. mom
ReplyDelete