Cliff and Ericka, who planted DCF four years ago, once brought me to this spot overlooking the town of Dungarvan. The higher you go on these country lanes, the quieter it always gets. I stood in awe of the beauty for sometime before settling down on a large rock to read. I was just flipping through the Bible when the raindrops started so I rushed to the car. Even so, I did not want to leave; I felt so at peace.
With all we had spoken about yesterday, I smiled when I randomly opened the Bible to 2 Corinthians 4. It had me at verse 1.
"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart."
What peace to know that this ministry is His. The challenges that go along with it, well, they aren't permanent. His kingdom, however, IS!
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (v18)"
The rain had stopped. I got out of the car and took a short walk up the lane where some wild blackberries were producing just a few final berries. I savored the sweetness the whole way home.




I love the rainbow, He is so faithful!!!!
ReplyDelete