14 October 2010

"I was with God and I was with the devil...

"They fought for me, but God won.  He took me by my best hand - the hand of God - and I held on to Him.  I never thought for one minute that God wouldn't get me out of there."


After the events of yesterday's dramatic rescue of the 33 trapped Chilean miners, these words from the first to reach the surface will perhaps remain famous.  There is something to be said when it is not just believers like Sepulveda who make statements like this.  Even various news media were documenting the rescue and its impact on global morale, let alone on the the nation of Chile whose nation has been wrought with turmoil in recent years, as miraculous and extraordinary.


The Chilean President who was present during the entire operation, and who took a chance when he went against his advisor's advice to plan a rescue attempt that in their eyes was futile, said this was nothing short of a miracle.  Newspapers report him as speaking of his wife's faith, saying, "My wife says the mountain is going to give birth to 33 new men."  While some of the men may have not found faith, they did all claim to have been altered from the experience.  Yet, through even them, God showed the people of the world a real-life, modern day picture of His extraordinary love for us.  It is a love that came to our depths and brought us out into the glorious light, a process through which we are indeed transformed, truly born again.  Praise You God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I review for BookSneeze