03 November 2010

A Taste of Truth


Okay so this isn't quite what some would expect, so let me explain...

This weekend, I joined a few friends from Dublin for a girl's escape!  We went up to Belfast to attend a worship and prayer evening.  On the way back the next day, we stopped for lunch at a place recommended by someone from the church.  Would you believe it was a garden center?  I knew you wouldn't, which is why we took the photo of me nibbling the seed cone!

Actually the place had a lovely restaurant where I enjoyed a typical carvery lunch, finished off with a Florentine Cookie, one of my favorites, and a good cup of black coffee.  As we gave thanks for our meal, the verse above went through my head.  I was so grateful for the provision God had made for such a weekend.

Indeed God is our provision, our source and our hope.  While His great love endows many blessings, we do not need excess in this natural world to be sure that God is looking out for us.  When I lived in Africa I met many who only had millet, a kind of birdseed, as their food, yet they were overflowing with the joy of the knowledge of Christ.  They knew He could work in all situations as they kept their eyes on Him and they believed Him for it.

Let us today, cast aside our worries and believe God for who He is.  Let us seek first His kingdom and His righteousness for He is good and He is trustworthy.  Let us take a moment to thank Him for all He has done and in His great love continues to do.

This post is linked up with the friendly folk at


8 comments:

  1. Oh I love the combination of a garden centre and a an eatery......now I have a yen for visiting...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not need excess to be sure of His provision for us! You are so right, and yet sometimes I think I live as though that isn't true. Often the excess only hinders us from recognizing how truly blessed we are.

    Great word! Hope you enjoyed your seed cone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the truth you've shared. Have a blessed WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! This is one of my favorite verses. It has so much hope and promise in it. He has taken care of me, provided for me, and carried me through so many hard times in my life. He truly is an Awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does provide - and so faithfully and fully, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED your post. It really ministered to me and I even had to read it to my husband... that was the first time I did that..! We are facing some changes in our life and it was just good to hear God's provision from so far away from our little Kansas corner. :0) Thank you so much for sharing and for stopping by my place and leaving a comment that i could be sure to return to hear your heart also. God is so Good...!

    ReplyDelete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I review for BookSneeze