Yesterday marked six years since my father died. I was thinking about this last night and remembering that last week. The family situation was difficult and the story is too involved for a post such as this. I note this just to say God does amazing things even in the midst of grief. With this loss, it felt as if my already damaged family had just irreparably shrunk, but then God surprised me. God kept a promise to my father from which my sister and I benefited. The day before he died we were connected with two half-brothers with whom we had not grown up, but we had always longed to know. Six years ago, my family got bigger.
I am thankful for a fulfilled promise and the joy of having not one, but two big brothers. I love them both and am proud to be their baby sis.
I am thankful that I've never known life without my sister. She is my absolute favorite person in the whole world!
Although I live an ocean away, I am thankful that no distance or time can change the fact that they are family.
Today I am marking a day of thanks for siblings. Join me. Say a prayer for your brothers and sisters, and brothers/ sisters - in law, and brothers/ sisters in Christ. May God bless them and protect them. May He shower them with His love that they may know the fullness of Him.
| This picture was taken the first weekend we had ever had all four of us together. |
This post is linked with other grateful folk at


Holly,
ReplyDeleteWhich one is the cage fighter???
Ha! I'll give you a hint, he looks the part :)
ReplyDeleteNice subject to thank for. I miss my siblings so much.
ReplyDeleteMy Thankful Thursday post here
Great post. Families are truly a blessing. I love what you said about being an ocean apart, but you are still family.
ReplyDeleteI have one sibling and we are blessed to live near one another - for that I am thankful.
Blessings,
Joan
i'm happy for you for this wonderful blessing. =D
ReplyDeletebeautiful pic holly....I love this mom
ReplyDeleteGLORY...this brought tears to my eyes. Rejoicing with you!
ReplyDelete