"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice..."
One word: Rejoice.
This verse emphasizes this act of joy, calling us to take part always and again.
This year will be my year of rejoicing.
Truth be told, the season I've been in has been difficult in many ways as I still deal with the physical struggles that come when a brain fires at an unnaturally high rate. I'm tired... all the time. Normal stressors are amplified and emotions are raw. In the midst of this, there have been some real wounds to my heart, leaving me broken in new ways. Rejoicing is last thing I feel like doing.
But this isn't a matter of doing something just because we know we should. There's a reason God gives us commands like this.
It is for a purpose;
it is actually a benefit for us
even as it glorifies Him and strengthens our bonds with Him.
My friend's daughter was wearing a lovely silver cross around her neck, and I only noticed it for the first time today. When I commented on it, I was told how it was given to the girl so when she felt scared or anxious, she could reach up, touch it and remember she is not alone. With that remembrance, she finds not only comfort, but joy.
When we are struggling the most, the realisation that we have a hope and help that is constant and true gives us something to rejoice about.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV)
Rejoice. And the peace of God... will guard.
Let that sink in for a moment.
As we begin this new year, whether we are coming from a season of victory or retreat, the one thing we can be sure of is that we don't need to do the fighting.
The Israelites were commanded to rejoice as they marched around Jericho, but it was God who delivered the city to them. Even now it remains the same.
We rejoice.
Laying everything before Him, we rejoice.
And His peace will guard us, our hearts, our minds... His peace will come.
He is... has always been and ever will be... our deliverance, regardless of our circumstance.
And so, no matter where this year leads, I will rejoice.
Today I'm sharing a cuppa with Bonnie of Faith Barista
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice..."
One word: Rejoice.
This verse emphasizes this act of joy, calling us to take part always and again.
This year will be my year of rejoicing.
Truth be told, the season I've been in has been difficult in many ways as I still deal with the physical struggles that come when a brain fires at an unnaturally high rate. I'm tired... all the time. Normal stressors are amplified and emotions are raw. In the midst of this, there have been some real wounds to my heart, leaving me broken in new ways. Rejoicing is last thing I feel like doing.
But this isn't a matter of doing something just because we know we should. There's a reason God gives us commands like this.
It is for a purpose;
it is actually a benefit for us
even as it glorifies Him and strengthens our bonds with Him.
My friend's daughter was wearing a lovely silver cross around her neck, and I only noticed it for the first time today. When I commented on it, I was told how it was given to the girl so when she felt scared or anxious, she could reach up, touch it and remember she is not alone. With that remembrance, she finds not only comfort, but joy.
When we are struggling the most, the realisation that we have a hope and help that is constant and true gives us something to rejoice about.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV)
Rejoice. And the peace of God... will guard.
Let that sink in for a moment.
As we begin this new year, whether we are coming from a season of victory or retreat, the one thing we can be sure of is that we don't need to do the fighting.
The Israelites were commanded to rejoice as they marched around Jericho, but it was God who delivered the city to them. Even now it remains the same.
We rejoice.
Laying everything before Him, we rejoice.
And His peace will guard us, our hearts, our minds... His peace will come.
He is... has always been and ever will be... our deliverance, regardless of our circumstance.
And so, no matter where this year leads, I will rejoice.
Today I'm sharing a cuppa with Bonnie of Faith Barista
Truth be told, the season I've been in has been difficult in many ways as I still deal with the physical struggles that come when a brain fires at an unnaturally high rate. I'm tired... all the time. Normal stressors are amplified and emotions are raw. In the midst of this, there have been some real wounds to my heart, leaving me broken in new ways. Rejoicing is last thing I feel like doing.
Today I'm sharing a cuppa with Bonnie of Faith Barista



I love that you are choosing to REJOICE, even in a hard place, and trusting God to bring the peace and trusting that follows. I am also trusting Him to bring the peace as I have heard Him call me to STILLNESS in a hard place. I am so blessed to be your neighbor over at Bonnie Gray's #OneWordCoffee this week.
ReplyDeleteHello Everybody,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.