09 June 2011

Some Joy in OK!

Some of ye may have noticed that things here in my corner have been quiet lately.  Well, I think the two recent book reviews have sufficiently dusted out any cobwebs and this girl is ready to get typing again!

I wanted however to share the joyous news that was the reason for my absence...

Yes.  This is my beautiful mum and her cowboy.  I was so blessed to be able to fly across the Atlantic to be there for the wedding.  I got to spend three weeks with my family and all my friends back in T-Town.  It has been ages since I have seen my mother so at peace and happy and she couldn't have found a better gentleman.  I was so thrilled to be able to be there for it all, especially since I hadn't been Stateside or seen any of my family in a year.

It was truly an occasion that God brought together.  At one point the wedding coordinator pulled me aside and said she and both the photographer had been talking.  She said that this is the kind of thing they see every day, given their line of business.  However she said there was something about it all that gave them pause.  She said simply, "This is REAL."  The love, the joy and the sense of family.  She said she was leaving feeling as if her purpose there was not simply to work, but rather to receive a blessing herself, full of hope for her own family members' lives.

This something special was simply God.  Folks, we may be involved in all our own stuff, absorbed in our moments.  But the Spirit of the Lord is with us everywhere we go and people do notice.  May we never disregard that. 

Let your light so shine before men, 
that they may see your good works, 
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
--Matt 5:16

3 comments:

  1. You know.... Having sat with your mom and year ago and then just recently i saw the JOY immediately and then when she shared all that God had done it truly was a blessing to just listen. Praising the Lord for all HE has done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet story! It's so wonderful that they are glorifying God in their marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I'm so glad you got to be there for all the festivities. What a wonderful treat!

    ReplyDelete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I review for BookSneeze