29 December 2010

A New Challenge for the New Year

For the last several months I have had a health problem that has dramatically affected my life and work.  The blood test ruled out many suspected diagnoses, which left me feeling confused and helpless.  However another doctor found some case studies here in Ireland that gave some insight and direction for how to proceed next.

The treatment begins with a dietary detox and continues on restrictions for three months to allow the system to heal.  It will not be easy, but I know the Lord is in this, so I have peace.   Because of the demands of the holiday season,  I had decided not to start the program until January 1, 2011.

When I saw this challenge of reading the Bible in its entirety, and that it lasted the same duration of my treatment program, I decided I would give it a try.  While some might think that adding such a challenge to an already intense season might make life more difficult, I'm inclined to believe that the more of God's Word I read, the more manageable life will be.  It is sustaining.

Maybe you'd like to take the 90-day challenge too.  
Just click on the image to read more.
MomsToolbox

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling health-wise, but what an encouragement to have this challenge to help you through your treatment. Don't you just love the way our Father brings us just what we need when we need it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I think it is the best thing you could do but I think the Lord showed this to you SO THAT you would have HIS Word coupled with your detox and treatment!!! I will be praying for you and trusting the Lords healing power!

    Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dunlizzie,

    I will be praying that our Lord's grace extend favor, health and blessings to you as you begin this 90-day treatment and bible reading. I have found daily reading and study of scripture a rewarding experience in 2010.

    Thank you for your fellowship and friendship.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Dunlizzie! so glad to be doing the 90 Day Challenge along with you in Group 28! I'm a pastor's wife, so I understand the struggles of ministry. I need to dig around your blog to learn more about your ministry in Ireland. I've always wanted to visit! :)

    Are you originally from Oklahoma (I noticed the link to a church in Tulsa)? We just left there...lived in western Oklahoma, but I graduated high school in central OK (and husband grew up in Duncan, OK).

    Looking forward to getting to know you more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I review for BookSneeze