I have been on a particular faith journey for a while now with a specific issue. Through prayer and perseverance, I have found myself encouraged and confident, walking in full faith. As the time for resolution merges with the present however, I have found myself susceptible to shakiness, tripping over random potholes of doubt. I knew this morning would be a critical point in this process, so I had been asking God how to really enact the faith I have in Him. Without realizing that God was answering my prayer, I awoke overwhelmed with memories of Africa.
I remembered feeling strangled by the wireless lines of countless phone calls at every hour of the day and night, between officials and families, and never with any real news to report. I remembered the heat from tears that burned my cheeks into a pink mess, mimicking the affects of the equatorial sun. I remembered the government offices where the necessary stamps were slammed so hard they scarred my consciousness. But I also remembered the conversations I had out loud with God. They were desperate hours that left me broken and raw, but still convinced that God would deliver. Faith was all I had.
No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith
as he gave glory to God, fully convinced
that God was able to do what he had promised.
that God was able to do what he had promised.
-- Romans 4:20-21
All the signs pointed to impossible, but God...
God did deliver. Despite the pain in each of those memories, they came this morning simultaneously with their resolution as I remembered the miraculous ways God placed the children into families. Despite the sorrow, the memories arrived with the joy of completeness. Despite the trauma incurred, they resounded with triumph. God's triumph. With this onslaught of images, God was giving me an emotional reminder of His faithfulness.
Abraham believe God and it was credited to him as righteousness. He was absolutely convinced of God's ability. He was looking at God and His nature and not the circumstances of his perceived reality. God wants us to trust and obey, without worrying about the how and simply persevering in faith, taking God at His word.
Now I still have yet to arrive at the destination of my journey with my particular issue, but God...
God has reminded me of His nature. My day has been a choice to focus on Him. He is with me in this and He has paved the way so I don't have to fear. He is the way, the truth and the light. He is faithful.
By referencing Abraham, Paul not only encouraged the Romans, but taught us the value of sharing our faith journeys with each other. They remind us all of the possible nature of God. Let's build our faith together and share! The glory is His.
For more encouragement, visit Bonnie over at Faith Barista



Excellent. Thanks for the reminder. Much love.
ReplyDeleteTrust and faith to believe that your future is in God's hands and He is at work perfecting what is His plan! Awesome reminder to know that through it all - AND GOD !!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing what happens when we just dwell on God's nature and character- he's so faithful!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that, not least because it's so true: "impossible, but God..." Good post, from the heart.
ReplyDeleteI've often heard it said, "He's the God of the impossible." And yet I still have to remind myself of that at times. I like the "but God." Often our days seem hard -- I'm going to remember to use the phrase, "but God.
ReplyDeleteWhat an encouraging post. I have wondered and fretted over things in the past and when the time came God worked them out perfectly and without my help. Imagine that.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Charlotte
This is so simple, yet still so hard: "God wants us to trust and obey, without worrying about the how and simply persevering in faith, taking God at His word." Great testimony here. Thank you for sharing your faith journey.
ReplyDeleteThank you, friend, for these wise words. I too am deeply wounded by those hard days of waiting on a man to turn his heart to our cries, to release our children. Even many days now when I think of going back there, the scarred part of my heart resists. But we are called, and we will go out with faith. Because as wounded as I still am, I have the amazing, living, breathing proof that God worked (works!) on our behalf in the form of two beauties that I get to squeeze every day :) Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your hand in that. Grateful is not a big enough word <3
ReplyDeleteRomans 4 has been and continues to be one of my favorite verses. Thanks for linking up, Dunlizzie.
ReplyDeleteNow I still have yet to arrive at the destination of my journey with my particular issue, but God. Thanks for the reminder it is in God that all things are possible. I hope you join me for the Design Gives Back blog party August 12th-18th for the Miracle Makeover reveal, a story to warm you heart and lift your spirits. HSS!-Sher
ReplyDeleteHello Everybody,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.