Strawberries are my favorite fruit. Springtime in Tulsa is the best for strawberries in my opinion. You can find them in huge amounts, the fresh sweet smell drawing you to a display marked clearly with low prices. I love it. I went for three years without strawberries when I lived in Uganda, as the few visits home to T-town were off season. Since moving to Ireland, those strawberries are more available, but they definitely come at a price. I am currently growing my own in a pot on the balcony. But today, I ate a load of these fresh American strawberries in my morning oatmeal. It's one of the little things I love about being back home.
That's right. I am in Tulsa. It has been a year since this bit of middle America has been pounded by my flip-flop wearing feet. I am here for a short visit with the fam, enjoying the celebration that has drawn me here... my mum is getting married! And I am enjoying the little things that could easily get taken for granted, did I not live elsewhere - things I love, like family and strawberries. And... driving big cars at fast speeds on wide roads, unlimited hot water that comes out with extreme pressure, petting my Daisy-doo who still remembers me even though this little dog is getting so much older, eating Taco Bueno, and hearing the constant sound of aircraft flying above that has become a distinctive part of the Tulsa background. So T-town, thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to be back.

That's too cool! Welcome home for your short visit! I'd attempt to make a visit to T town to meet but my sister's wedding is this weekend too!!! So crazy!
ReplyDeleteHugs though from NWA.
Thanks so much! It would be cool to grab a coffee but I DO know scheduling can get away from us on short trips with festivities :) Sometime though, and it will be great!
ReplyDelete