Most of my pre-digital days pictures are packed up at my mom's back in the States. There are so many family pics that I love, but this is the only one I could find in digital form. I high-jacked it from my sister's Facebook page. It is a scanned photo of the two of us from almost 15 years ago. I was in college and we were just goofing for the camera. My sis (on the right) has a funny look because she is actually pulling me off the ground onto her back with that one arm. It is something she has always done. Instead of my usual laughing and tackling her back, I decided to give the camera a face. It's not the best quality photo, but the memory makes me smile. I'll admit, I had a little too much fun adding fun stuff like the crown and tiara at Picnik.
I wish you all could know my sister, but she doesn't blog so I don't know how you would ever meet unless I introduce you. She is by far my favorite person in the world and I am overwhelmed with joy every time I realize how God gave her to ME to be my big sister. As the younger in the pair, most of our childhood included me following her everywhere. This was not always a joy for her, especially as she moved up into those independence-developing middle school years.
Although we are almost two years apart in age, we were only one year apart in school, which often led to more awkward moments between friends and teachers that we shared. Of course this often led to some pretty intense fights, but no matter what the difference (or decibel level from our screaming) we grew even tighter. Even with all the miles between us in these last years, we have continued to grow closer and stronger. God has worked amazing healing in both of us from some shared trials and I can't imagine my world without her. She is intelligent and very funny :) I love her more than a silly tribute like this can ever say.
So when I got this opportunity to share a new giveaway contest with ye from Angela Hunt called Share it with a Sister, I had to at least share a picture of my favorite seester with all of you.
The sharing doesn't stop there. You can also enter this great contest to win Angela's newest book, The Fine Art of Insincerity. I've given you details here. You can send in a pic of your sisters, whether by blood or friendship to aehcontest@gmail.com . Each week she'll take some of the submitted photos and inserting them into the Sisters video playing at http://www.angelahuntbooks.com . Enter as many times as you wish between March 1 and May 1, but only one entry per day, please. If you don't have a photo handy, you may enter simply by sending an email to that address with "Contest Entry" in the subject line.
The grand prize winner of the random drawing will receive a tote bag filled with Angela Hunt books for herself and ten copies of Insincerity for her book club, sisters or friends. Five first place winners will receive an autographed copy of The Fine Art of Insincerity, which officially releases on May 3.


No comments:
Post a Comment