(figuratively, of course.)
The details of my journey from the States back to Ireland are many and expectedly bizarre. I shall only note the main factors. That Tuesday, I awoke completely unable to walk with intense calf pains and had to be in a wheelchair the whole journey, including through security and on and off the plane itself. I wasn't able to walk again until a day or so after the trip. The wheelchair actually helped get me priority onto the other airline when my flight from Tulsa was delayed, which would have made me miss my overnight to Europe. Good thing as to leave the next day would have put me in the midst of the Icelandic ash cloud, potentially stranding me in either Chicago or London. That being said, I made it into Ireland just a day before they closed the airports. I did have a little pause at the immigration desk at Heathrow again, but only for ten minutes this time. The lady pushing my wheelchair used the time to tell me about the radical transformation Christ did in her life that then led to her whole family's salvation. Good stuff. She prayed for my legs too.
By Friday, I was getting the use of my legs back and the leadership team of DCF was off to Kilkenney where we were hosting an Encounter Weekend. This is the second Encounter we have had, the first being one that we organized and attended. This time we were joining with the team who came last time as their Prayer Team. When we arrived in Kilkenney however, only three people from that team were there. Everyone else was stuck in Holland because of the ash cloud. The three could still do all the teaching but needed help with testimonies and so we sat around discussing who would do what. By the end, we were no longer just praying or sharing, but some of us had also acquired the job of teaching some of the sessions. It was a jump in the deep end for all of us, and while some expressed nervousness, I was excited!
I taught the women's session on The Father Wound. The focus of this session was to talk about how the role of our earthly father, good or bad, can determine how we respond to God as our father. It also addressed our reactions as daughters, our expectations, our perceptions of our own identities, and how this affects our relationships with others. It was definitely a heavy topic, but totally worth it, especially when seeing other women really being able to forgive and break free from lies of the enemy. What a great way to jump back into ministry here in Ireland!

Crazy stuff about your legs. Glad you're back in the thick of it! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about the legs. I was praising that you beat the ash storm...and now I know how much of a big deal that really was!!
ReplyDeleteTotally crazy, I know! It still feels unreal thinking about it, but when I say I couldn't walk, I mean it. Just trying to stand took all my strength to the point of almost passing out, when asked if I could walk through the metal detector. They ended up stopping my attempt before I ever got upright and did a manual inspection of me in the chair instead. No reasonable diagnosis, but I'm fine again so no worries. Wild though.
ReplyDeletesorry - meant to say no reasonable cause, there may have been a dignosis but i got on the plane instead of going to the doc, the symptoms matched torn muscles with the type of pain, limited movement, extreme swelling and minor bruising. I didn't do anything so crazy that should have happened though. Oh well. God knows.
ReplyDelete